Fiskens Presents: The 1936 Delahaye 135 S Competizione
We are proud to offer a legendary Delahaye with extensive period history – the epitome of the pre-war French sports car ideal. A true survivor, this Delahaye 135 Compétition Spéciale retains a precious fabric of originality.
- One of very few surviving 135CS' in existence; impeccably-preserved with complete original competition coachwork
- Believed to be the only 135CS to retain its original electron gearbox
- Chassis 135/47186, delivered new to chocolatier Jacques Menier, campaigned by driver Philippe Maillard-Brune for his privateer Équipe Menier with competition history in the 1936 and 1937 French GP seasons for sports cars
- Post-war appearances with René Cotton at the 1952 Mille Miglia and Monaco Grand Prix, where in the one-off sports car race, the now 16- year-old 135 CS finished in an amazing eighth overall
- Preserved for decades in the French collection of Serge Pozzoli, and later with renowned collectors Abba Kogan and Lord Anthony Bamford
- Recent appearances in the 2020 and 2021 Mille Miglia, and 2021 Goodwood Revival - race or rally ready with current papers, eligible for the world’s greatest events