'J2059' was purchased at the Allard factory by Dr Kenneth Mears of Christchurch, New Zealand in May 1951. The Allard was used in the UK for a few months before being shipped to New Zealand later in August that year.
Shortly after Dr Mears had taken delivery in New Zealand, J2059 was sold to local car dealer & racer Des Wild who wasted no time in entering the Allard into local competition. The Allard proved competitive from the off with a 5th place in the Lady Wigram Trophy race at Wigram Air Base in February 1952. The Allard was also entered in the New Zealand Championship road race at Mairehau.
The history file documents that J2059 changed ownership several more times between local racers in New Zealand who all campaigned the Allard with vigour collecting numerous wins & podiums along the way.
The Allard was retired from active competition in the early 1960's whereupon it was stored underneath a house in Wanganui awaiting restoration. Bill Glasson became the next custodian of the car & with his son carried out a restoration of J2059 that was complete in May 1980.
1989 saw J2059 repatriated to the UK where a number of new owners raced the Allard, including Frank Sytner & Allard enthusiast Malcolm Verey.
The current owner bought J2059 in 2013 & entrusted RW Racing Services to conduct a mechanical overhaul before pressing the Allard into service on events such as the Mille Miglia.
Complete with exhaustive history file containing numerous period racing photos, letters & restoration invoices the Allard represents a very credible entry to the Mille Miglia, Goodwood Revival & Le Mans Classic